Benefits of Divorce Mediation
Why You Should Consider Mediating Your Case
At Alternative Divorce Solutions, we believe that mediation should always be the first option divorcing couples turn to. People are often surprised by how much they can accomplish simply by sitting down with their spouse and a trained professional who can assist in opening communication and uncover what is most important to each person.
Why are we the trusted source for divorce mediation in California?
- We help resolve all issues a judge would decide, such as asset division, child support, and child custody.
- We aim to resolve these issues in the most effective, cost-conscious, and respectful way.
- Our process is confidential, cooperative, and typically much less stressful for everyone involved.
- Our process allows you to avoid intrusive court evaluations and keep your family as whole as possible.
A Sensible Alternative to Complex Divorce Litigation
Divorce doesn't have to be a complicated, stressful, and costly process. At our firm, we fully believe in the advantages of communication, and we prioritize and facilitate spouses reaching decisions without having to involve the court.
Because of this approach, there are multiple advantages of mediation, including:
- Mediation is a voluntary process driven by the cooperation of parties who share a common goal to reach a mutually beneficial settlement.
- Mediation is significantly less expensive, leaving more assets for you and your family.
- Instead of having a judge who does not know the parties determine the outcome, couples make their own decisions regarding parenting plans, division of property, and division of assets.
- A successful mediation can be accomplished sooner than a litigated divorce, often within the six-month, one-day waiting period.
- Mediation is a private and confidential process, so the dignity of your family is protected.
- Mediation is an out-of-court process protecting all members from the war-zone of court battles.
Many couples choose mediation because:
- It is a more personalized and dignified experience;
- It prioritizes open communication in an amicable environment;
- It costs significantly less than litigation;
- It can be completed much sooner than a litigated divorce;
- It allows the couple to work together toward a mutually beneficial settlement;
- It provides a more private and confidential way to handle sensitive family matters;
- It protects couples and children from the battles that often transpire in court;
- It leaves decisions in the hands of those who know the family best;
- It empowers the couple to control the pace of the divorce and the terms of the settlement;
- It often results in a higher rate of compliance.
Is Divorce Mediation a Good Option for You?
Ask yourself the following five questions:
- Are we both intent on avoiding court as we settle our divorce?
- Are we both willing to voluntarily attend and participate in the mediation process?
- Are we both willing to be transparent and engage in a good-faith negotiation?
- Are we both comfortable with and interested in making our own decisions?
- Are we both mentally capable of making our own decisions?
If you can answer yes to all of these questions, then there is a good chance that mediation is right for you.
Alternative Divorce Solutions' one-time, flat fee is all-inclusive of filing fees, court costs, mediation appointments, communication with our team, and paperwork preparation. This hassle-free service allows our clients to know that we handle everything involved in the mediation process so they can focus on what matters: family.