What Is Summary Dissolution?
Summary dissolution is a simplified form of divorce available for California couples. It is a fast-track to divorce that allows couples to separate much more quickly than normal by agreeing about money, property, alimony, and other important matters.
You and your spouse may qualify to obtain a summary dissolution if the following are true:
- Neither of you own real estate.
- You and your spouse both agree to divorce.
- You and your spouse both agree to relinquish your rights to alimony.
- You and your spouse own less than $38,000 dollars’ worth of shared/marital property.
- You do not have any minor children.
- You have been married for a maximum of five years.
- You or your spouse have lived in California for a minimum of six months.
The Advantages of Summary Dissolution in California
The clearest advantage of obtaining a summary dissolution (as opposed to going through traditional divorce proceedings) is the amount of time you save and the speed with which you are able to end the marriage and start fresh.
Pursuing summary dissolution also produces a number of other benefits, such as:
- Reduced cost and divorce-related debt
- Minimized stress and better emotional health throughout the process
- Greater likelihood of amicable interactions with your ex-spouse after divorce
- Ability to quickly end a marriage when it becomes clear that it isn’t going to work
Orange County Divorce Mediation in Orange County
At Alternative Divorce Solutions, we know how to help you resolve your divorce as quickly, efficiently, and cordially as possible. If you believe a summary dissolution could be a positive solution for you and your spouse, connect with a member of our team today to discuss your options and schedule a free, confidential consultation.
Call (949) 558-2624 for short-term divorce solutions in Orange County.