Divorce Doesn't Have to be a War No One Wins.
Child Custody & Visitation RIghts in Orange County
Call Our Mediation Lawyer for a Free Consultation - (949) 558-2624
The custody of your child is one of the issues which is frequently contested in family court. Once you and your spouse decide to divorce, you may be concerned about how your relationship with your children will be affected. Many couples both wish to have primary custody or feel that the other spouse should not have the same amount of visitation time as they do.
Alternative Divorce Solutions can help you stay in control of your divorce!
- You can keep your divorce out of court
- You remain in control of your family’s future, happiness, and stability
- We help you make a conscious decision to move forward in a cooperative manner
- We help turn a courtroom battlefield into a safe zone
- We help transform a normally combative legal process into a collaborative one
If you are currently dealing with custody issues during a divorce, it is wise that you speak with an Orange County divorce mediation attorney. Call Alternative Divorce Solutions at (949) 558-2624 to learn how our team can help your family.
How Is Child Custody Determined?
When the court is making a decision about child custody and putting together a parenting and visitation schedule, they strive to keep your child's best interest in mind. However, they may not always have the same details and information about your family and the reasons you should have custody of your children.
A few factors which may be considered in the decision include:
- Children's' preference (if old enough)
- Parents' relationship with the children
- Past criminal/addiction history
- Financial assets/earning capacity
Focused on Your Child's Best Interest
At our firm, we understand the emotional struggle and stress that can accompany a divorce, especially when it comes to child custody matters. We strive to protect your child's best interest as well as your own parental rights throughout the divorce process. You may want to consider avoiding litigation and instead work out your disagreements through mediation, as it is often less costly, more private, and may be less stressful.
We can provide you with representation and advice on the following child custody matters:
- Custody rights
- Parenting plans
- Custodial parent relocation
- Grandparents' rights
- Post-judgment modifications
- Custody mediation
Please schedule a free one-hour case consultation today by calling us at (949) 558-2624.