Private Judging Attorneys
Using Private Judging for Your Case
If you want a judge to help you and your spouse resolve issues during your divorce but don't want to deal with the hassle of attending court, private judging may be the solution to your troubles. Our private judging lawyers can help you take the necessary steps to dissolve your marriage via private judging.
How Does Private Judging Work?
In California, private judges are often retired judges or attorneys who have the authority to make legally binding decisions in legal disputes - if that's what both parties want.
When parties choose to use private judging for their case, they can select both the judge and the extent to which the private judge's decisions are legally binding. Parties must inform the public court presiding over their case of their intention to use private judging.
Private Judging with Alternative Divorce Solutions
When you use our team at Alternative Divorce Solutions for your private judging case, the process often looks something like this:
- We meet with both parties to assess your case and collect your disclosures;
- We evaluate the case on our own, determining how complex it is and enabling you to get a better idea of what the private judging process will look like for your case;
- We schedule the private judging to occur in our office, so you don't need to attend court;
- After issuing their judgment, the judge will submit their findings to the public court overseeing the case;
- At this stage, the court typically accepts the private judge's decision and resolves the case.
Private judging is a fantastic option for individuals who want to keep their case out of the public courtroom. As a result, many individuals engaged in high-asset or high-profile divorces find private judging an attractive option.
Additionally, private judging has some more structure than other types of alternative dispute resolution, such as mediation. This can make it a great option for individuals who don't necessarily agree on all aspects of their divorce but want to handle the case out of court regardless.
“Thank you for all your knowledge, conscientiousness, and kindness.”- Beverly
“First and foremost, I found that I had a lot to learn about the divorce mediation process. I did not exactly know what the role of the mediator was or if we would still have to go to Court.”- Donald B.
“I was so stressed out before I went to ADS. Once I got there Lani sat with me and my husband and explained the whole mediation process. After I left I knew exactly what to expect and ADS lived up to my expectations.”- Giz S.