Long Beach Summary Dissolution Attorneys
What is a Summary Dissolution?
Summary dissolution is a shortened version of the divorce process, and it helps couples without complications finalize divorce faster. Summary dissolution still requires fees, but it's usually cheaper. Couples who qualify for summary dissolution don't appear in court, which helps them save time, avoid paperwork, and save money.
Is your marriage not working out as you had planned? Do you and your spouse think you made a mistake getting married? If you are looking for a quicker and easier way to end your short-term marriage, you may want to consider a summary dissolution.
At Alternative Divorce Solutions, we help couples do divorce better. If you qualify for summary dissolution in Long Beach, our divorce mediators can help guide you through the process. We can assist you in reaching an agreement on the terms of your property settlement and ensure that you file the right forms on time.
Who Qualifies for a Summary Dissolution?
Summary dissolutions have strict requirements. In order to proceed with this form of divorce, you must meet each qualification.
The requirements for summary dissolution include:
- One spouse has lived a minimum of six months in California and at least three weeks in your particular county
- Both spouses agree to end their marriage through a summary dissolution
- Both spouses agree upon the grounds of their divorce being irreconcilable differences
- The couple’s community property totals less than $38,000
- Neither party has over $38,000 in separate property
- Neither spouse has incurred more than $6,000 of debt during the marriage
- The spouses have no children together under the age of 18
- The couple is not expecting a child within the timeframe of the divorce
- Neither party owns real estate
- Neither spouse is in a lease with an option to buy
- Both spouses agree to waive alimony
- Both parties must read and sign the summary dissolution booklet provided by the state
Contact Our Caring Divorce Mediators Today
If you are interested in pursuing a summary dissolution, reach out to Alternative Divorce Solutions right away. Our Long Beach summary dissolution attorneys can listen attentively to your needs and goals and help you determine if this solution is right for you.
“Thank you for all your knowledge, conscientiousness, and kindness.”- Beverly
“First and foremost, I found that I had a lot to learn about the divorce mediation process. I did not exactly know what the role of the mediator was or if we would still have to go to Court.”- Donald B.
“I was so stressed out before I went to ADS. Once I got there Lani sat with me and my husband and explained the whole mediation process. After I left I knew exactly what to expect and ADS lived up to my expectations.”- Giz S.